Thursday, April 29, 2010

Friends, Ice Cream, and a Chatterbox

On Tuesday Kira and I went to Fair Oaks Mall for a play date.  Kira got to run around in the play area and then we headed to Chick-Fil-A for a yummy, but not too healthy lunch.

[caption id="attachment_1625" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="She needed some help getting into this one!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1626" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Just Her Size"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1627" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Baby Luke at his first playgroup!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1628" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Tired, Grumpy, and Ready for Lunch"][/caption]

On Wednesday night we went as a family on Kira's first ice cream outing.  I have good memories of going to Baskin Robbins as a child on hot, summer nights.  Well, it wasn't hot and it isn't summer yet, but it was 31 cent scoop night at Baskin Robbins!  Jeff got 3 scoops, I got 2, and Kira got 1.  Since Kira has no concept of different flavors of ice cream, I picked out which kind she would get.  My favorite thing to get as a little girl was rainbow sherbet so that is what I ordered for her.  She loved it and didn't even make a mess!

[caption id="attachment_1629" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Waiting in Line in the Wind"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1630" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Still Waiting in Line"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1631" align="aligncenter" width="224" caption="Time to Eat!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1632" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Yum-Yum!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1633" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Daddy and Kira"][/caption]

Those two outings were fun, but the most exciting part of this week has been Kira's rapidly developing verbal skills!  She was only saying about 1 or 2 new words each week, but ever since Monday, she has been saying about 4-7 new words each day!  She is saying them multiple times, in the right context, and some of them are even without prompts!  She can also tell you the animal sounds of a cat, dog, sheep, cow, monkey, elephant, fish, and lion.  Here are some of her new words (the ones I remembered to write down):

eat


wow


zoo


more


mess


sock


wet


steps


boom


me


milk


bus


night-night


and....poop!



2 comments:

  1. I remember ice cream outings too! Loved them.
    Great pictures! Miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kira,

    We are amazed at all the new words you are saying! It seems like every few minutes you have something new to tell us. We are proud of you!

    Love, Grandma and Grandpa

    ReplyDelete