Friday, May 7, 2010

Beautiful Day at the Zoo

Today we went to the zoo and enjoyed perfect weather.  Every time I go there are fewer animals, but I guess it's for a good reason.  The zoo is remodeling a lot of the exhibits and hopes to be known as the best zoo in the world by 2016!  We'll see if that happens...

On a side note, the scabs on Kira's face are a result of a tumble on the sidewalk 2 days ago.  She's a pretty sturdy walker, but still trips over her feet occasionally.  She cried for a couple of minutes but got over it quickly with the help of Elmo on YouTube.  We were supposed to get her pictures taken on Monday but I had to push that appointment back a few more days in hopes that her boo-boos (a new word this week) will heal.

[caption id="attachment_1657" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Hangin' with the Prairie Dogs"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1658" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Peek-a-Boo!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1659" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Prairie Dog Tunnels"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1660" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Big Fish!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1661" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Do you see the monkey?"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1662" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Tiger Time"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_1663" align="aligncenter" width="225" caption="Stretching the Legs"][/caption]

2 comments:

  1. It seems the kids always get boo-boos on their faces right before a scheduled photo session. When Lydia was Kira's age we had photos done at the Cherry Blossoms. The photographer had to Photoshop her forehead. I am glad you were able to reschedule your session.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the stretching the legs picture. It was fun being at the zoo with Kira and seeing the zoo through her eyes and words.

    ReplyDelete