Kira has her own pink and white ball and she had a blast with it. She got to see me shooting and dribbling and she would cheer me on. Then when I bounced the ball (carefully) at her, she giggled with delight as it bounced off her chest. She doesn't have the coordination to catch it yet, but I was very proud of her for not being afraid of the ball. She even tried to dribble it a few times.
At one point we sat on the court and rolled the ball to each other back and forth. That was fun too. And of course I put her on my shoulders and let her help me push the ball up and into the basket.
We also made a great discovery. There's a new playground down by the basketball court. The one we usually go to is closer but she's out-grown the little slide and the big slide is too big for her. But at this new playground, there are two intermediate slides that are perfect for her.
When she went down the first bigger of the two slides for the first time she squealed with delight as she launched off the end of the slide. She was saying "again, again" even as I was catching her and putting her down. She giggled and went prancing off to climb the steps again.
I must say, I'm really enjoying this phase in her life. She's just such a happy, giggly, sweet child and her cuteness quotient is off the charts. And yeah, it was great to do something I love with my little girl. So we'll probably be doing that some more (until the weather stops us).
No comments:
Post a Comment