Saturday, October 30, 2010

Sleeping Soundly

This weekend we decided to switch Kira from the crib in the nursery to a twin size bed in her new bedroom.  We've been talking to her about what to expect and she seemed excited about preparing a room for her brother.  When it was time for her nap on Friday, I took her into her new room and read her a couple of books as she got comfortable.  Everything went smoothly until I told her she had to stay in bed and I got up and shut the door.  She immediately started crying for me to come back.  I listened to her cries over the baby monitor for about 15 minutes but she eventually lost steam and instead of crying, would knock on her door and say, "Trick or Treat - Halloween - Candy!"  After 25 total minutes, all was silent in her room and I assume she was asleep at that point.  She slept for a little over 2 hours.  She was a little scared when she woke up and I'm still not sure if she was sleeping on the floor or on her bed.

She has successfully gone to sleep now in her big girl bed for 2 naps and 2 bedtimes.  She still cries as you leave the room, but immediately quiets down once you shut the door.  We are so relieved and happy that this transition went so smoothly!  It feels good to check off another big item on our to-do list before Baby Logan arrives!

*Please ignore the messy room in the picture, I will post pictures of both kids' rooms as soon as they are decorated and the new bedding is all set up!*




[caption id="attachment_1931" align="aligncenter" width="500" caption="How we found Kira on Saturday morning!"][/caption]

3 comments:

  1. Glad it went well. Joseph would be on the floor every night if not for hid bedrail :)

    ReplyDelete