Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Kira's Two-Year Checkup

Kira enjoyed going to her 2-year checkup yesterday.  She got a pretend doctor's set for her birthday from Baba and Grandpa Quack-Quack (yes, that has become his official name!) and that really helped prepare her for the doctor's office.  Kira was very cooperative for Dr. O' Mara and liked him so much that she has been saying his name non-stop!

Kira is still in the 97th percentile for weight at 33 pounds but her height percentile dropped to 81% (35.25 inches).  Apparently it is normal to see a big change in their height at this point because they start to measure them standing up (more accurate) rather than the pencil and paper method on the examining table.  I'm just happy that it looks like Kira won't be 6'5" like her Daddy!

According to an online height predictor tool, Kira will be 5'7" (my height) at age 18.

"This prediction is a "best guess" but it's still just that -- a guess. Based on the formula we used* there is a 50 percent chance that your girl's full-grown height will be within 0.7 inches (above or below) of this prediction, and a 90 percent chance that it will be within 1.7 inches."

1 comment:

  1. I remember my doctor saying I was going to be 5'4". I was disappointed because that meant I would be shorter than my mom. Now, I would love to be 5'4". :) I should check out the predictions for my kids.

    ReplyDelete