Sunday, December 12, 2010

A New Holiday Tradition

On Saturday we started what I hope will become a yearly tradition...we joined our friends at the Springfield Fire Station for a pancake breakfast with Santa!  Kira's favorite parts of the morning were spending time with her little friend, Elliot, and eating pancakes and sausage.  Her least favorite part of the morning was Santa.  Things went pretty much just like they did at the mall the other day.  She was excited to see him from a distance, but as soon as she went up to take a picture with him and Mrs. Claus, she started to freak out.  We enjoyed some good laughs over how our kids' visit with Santa was less than ideal...Elliot was fast asleep by the time he got to Santa and Kira was trying to run away!  It will be fun to go next year and see how they react!

[caption id="attachment_2051" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Enjoying every last bite!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2052" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Awake"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2053" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Asleep"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2054" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Out Cold!"][/caption]

[caption id="attachment_2055" align="aligncenter" width="300" caption="Get me out of here!"][/caption]

 

5 comments:

  1. Haha! I love it!!! So I predict next year Kira will love it, Elliot will be scared and Logan will be asleep ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a good prediction

    I also predict that Kira will ask for seconds of the pancakes

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha! I have a feeling Elliot will too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jennifer wasn't scared of Santa because she had her big siter, Liane, to go with her!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha! Cute stories. But if you stop and think about, Santa is kind of funky (in a creepy way) ... always watching you, sneaking into your house, eating food left out, re-organizing his name spells another shady character ... the list goes on

    ReplyDelete