On December 22, 2010 I headed to the hospital early in the morning to be induced. When we got there, there weren't any available rooms so I had to wait for a while in the triage area. While there we found out that I was already having contractions. I could feel them (and had felt them the night before) but they felt more like cramps than my stomach contracting. I still don't believe the books and doctors when they say that when you're in labor, you'll know! Ha, yeah right!
After 90 minutes I was moved to a room and was able to relax a little bit. They started the pitocin drip and I got an epidural, which was not that bad. It hurt briefly and I shed a few tears, but it was definitely worth getting. We spent the morning flipping channels on the TV and hanging out with my mom (my dad was at home watching Kira). Our doctor was very laid-back and put me at ease from the very beginning. Just like my labor with Kira, I progressed very slowly but then things took off quickly at the end. I knew that Logan was ready to come when I could feel the contractions again and they hurt. I called the nurse and the next thing I knew, the doctor was in the room telling me it was time to push. After 10 minutes of pushing, Logan Bradley Clark was born at 2:25 p.m.
The moment he was born was so emotionally overwhelming and I will always remember how wonderful it was to hear, see, and hold my baby boy for the first time. The birth of a child is truly a miracle and I am so thankful for the newest addition to our family!
Logan weighed 8 pounds, 4 ounces and was 19 inches long. What a perfect Christmas present!
No comments:
Post a Comment