Sunday, July 24, 2011

Stay-cation For Dad

So I got a new job (working in the same company) and I start on Monday, but I thought that I'd take a couple of days of vacation to get a long weekend in before I jump back in "the game."  We thought about taking a day trip or something like that but decided on the more low-key stay-cation option.  I think it was a huge success.  In fact, here's a list of things I accomplished this weekend:

  • Went to 2 waterparks and got a sunburn.

  • Got Kira hooked on Star Wars (with just a single coffee table type book about it)

  • Pigged out on Chinese food buffett

  • Finally organized the garage

  • Took a 2 hour nap

  • Watched The Little Mermaid with Kira (and went to bed that night humming songs from it)

  • Pigged out at an IBC Community Picnic

  • Prepared a chocolate and peanut butter no-bake dessert (a gift from Father's Day) - and pigged out again

  • Mowed the lawn (at twilight of course, I'm not crazy enough to do that in 100 degree heat)

  • Researched retirement finances (makes me feel old)

  • Played a LOT with my kids (makes me feel young)


All in all a successful stay-cation.  Wish me luck (and pray for me) at my new job.

4 comments:

  1. and it was like a vacation for me! I'll miss you tomorrow as I'm changing diapers and feeding the kids all by myself. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got tired just reading your list of what you did -- makes ME feel old, but then I AM old:) Good luck with the new job and we'll pray too! Our hot spell has broken, at least for a while, and we have beautiful cool weather today -- one of the benefits of living in the frozen north.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great staycation!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jeff's "Staycation" wore all of us out but we did get to "pig out" some with him too! He did get a LOT done..... Bob and Judy

    ReplyDelete