So I had a brainstorm of a great activity for Teammates. The Shakespeare in DC Free-For-All. I've done this lots of times in the past with other church groups and it was always fun. The trick is getting the timing right. I didn't want to announce it too early, because then everyone would forget about it 2 months later. The problem is that other events popped up on the calendar during the dates that I had earmarked for this event. The play only runs for a set period of time, so my options were limited to begin with. So I got backed into the corner of hosting it on Memorial Day weekend where I know a ton of people won't be able to make it.
Thankfully Tim Shuman convinced me that at least he would go with me that weekend, so even if we had to represent Teammates all alone, that will be enough for me. As it turns out, we've already got a couple more folks interested. Yay to people with no lives like me!
Of course I'll be running solo since my wife is going to be out of town herself that weekend. Of course, I couldn't drag her to a Shakespeare play with clidesdale horses. A number of people have responded that it sounds like a "great idea" but they'll be out of town. Hmmm. I wonder how many would think it was a great idea if they were going to be around? I guess we'll never know. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment