Thursday, April 24, 2008

Need New Music

Foo FightersThere was a point in my life where I bought about one CD per month for a couple of years.  There was another point in my life where I joined the BMG club 5 times and each time quit before having to buy the full priced CDs.  Then there was another point in my life where I was one of those people that downloaded thousands of songs off of Napster.  Ok, maybe just 500 or so, but still.

So, now that Napster is shut down and I've learned to be more frugal, I sometimes feel like my music collection is getting kind of stale.  I mean, I love my favorite bands, but there's only so much Jimmy Eat World, Coldplay, and Blink 182 that a guy can stand.  And I swear all those Britney Spears and 'N-sync songs were downloaded by my ex-roomate.  (Great, now "Bye Bye Bye" is stuck in my head.  Thanks a lot Brad!)

I recently bought a few Foo Fighters songs from iTunes, but I can't bring myself to buy whole albums anymore.  My birthday is coming up in June, maybe I'll splurge and use some more cash off the iTunes giftcard I got from Christmas.  The only problem with that is that Jen and I both got gift cards and we share an iTunes account, so it is impossible to keep track of who used how much money. 

Oh well.  Maybe I'll just listen to Caedmon's Call for the 1,000th time today.  At least that's spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment