Wednesday, April 2, 2008

The Office Spinoff

My favorite TV show in the world is The Office (with LOST being a pretty close second).  So my ears perked up when I saw that they are going to be doing a spinoff of the show.
NBC will use the post-Super Bowl berth to air a special episode of "The Office," followed by the previously reported "Office" spinoff.  Peacock will once again air hourlong "Office" episodes in September.

DwightOn one hand, what could be better than MORE Office episodes?  On the other hand, spinoffs don't always go as planned.  For every "Kramer" there's 100 "Joey" type shows.  My guess is that this new spinoff will revolve around Karen (Jim's ex) in her new office.  Karen was ok as a character, but obviously everything would depend on the supporting cast.

Of course I have to end this post with an office quote:
Dwight Schrute: Hello. I don't believe we've been introduced. Dwight Schrute, Assistant Regional Manager.
Andy: Andy Bernard, Regional Director in charge of sales.
Dwight Schrute: So you'll be reporting to me then.
Andy: On the contrary.
Dwight Schrute: My title has "manager" in it.
Andy: And I'm a director. Which on a film set, is the highest title there is. Do you know anything about film?
Dwight Schrute: I know everything about film. I've seen over 240 of them.
Andy: Congratulations.

No comments:

Post a Comment