So it is obvious to everyone that Jen has me wrapped around her finger, but now I'm taking orders from our cat (Caryn).
It started innocently enough. We wanted to buy her some wet food as a treat and for some dietary reason that Jen explained but I don't understand. So I started feeding her in the morning, and I sort of got into a routine doing it. So now, she expects it in the morning.
No, "expects" is too soft of a word. She demands it. In fact, when I get out of the shower in the morning, I am greeted by a whining Caryn. She'll actually walk into the bathroom, meow, and walk out; as if to say, "hey, lets go already." Then she'll repeat the process till I follow her out the door. I don't even get a chance to get dressed. I just throw on a robe and some slippers and do her bidding.
All the while, she is purring and rubbing up against my leg to let me know how much she appreciates what I'm about to do (and better do, right now). She'll do that right on down the stairs, which in the morning is really not a good idea. I'm clumsy enough without sleep depravation, darkness, and cat under foot to help me along to a broken neck. So now I actually pick her up and carry her downstairs.
Oh and by the way, if I ever dare sleep in, I am woken up by the cat jumping on my chest. I think I've created a monster.
No comments:
Post a Comment