Friday, August 13, 2010

Graduation from Baby to Big Girl

We have been trying to make a conscious effort lately to refer to Kira as a big girl and not the baby since there is a new baby on the way.  She is definitely showing signs of growing up, both good and bad.  Her vocabluary and speech is really taking off but she is also having at least one big temper tantrum each day.

Our whole house is in disarray as we are moving around furniture and clothes and nothing is where it should be.  I'm anxious to get all of the rooms set up so we can have a little order in our home.  The baby will go into the nursery with the same nursery furniture, but we will have to get new bedding and paint the walls blue.  Kira will move into the guest bedroom and will get our old bedroom furniture.  Jeff will lose his closet in the guest room and then attempt to squeeze his clothing in with mine up in the loft (our bedroom). 

I had an exciting shopping trip today when I found bedding for Kira's new big girl bed!  I had originally found a Tommy Hilfiger set online on sale that I really liked, but it still seemed pricy at $120 for just the comforter, sham, and bedskirt.  While walking through Home Goods today I happened to find the exact twin comforter set...there was only one left and it was on clearance for $40!!!  It is quite the deal, as the set originally retails for $267.  They don't sell the matching sheets online anymore, but I found a coordinating set at Home Goods along with a cute fleece throw that also matches.

4 comments:

  1. What a deal!!! And it's super cute! Can't wait to see the finished room.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kira is probably ready for this too. For the last month one of her favorite games to play is to get into bed (head on the pillows) pull up the covers, and say "night night." Sometimes she even pretends to snore. Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kira does that at our house too! I think she learned the snoring from grandpa.

    I'm glad I was with you when you found your "bargain" confort set and could watch you get so excited. :)

    ReplyDelete